The Homebuying Mentors
The Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation builds a stronger and more stable community by representing and supporting the expressed interests, positive engagement and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse local communities, institutions, individuals and families of all incomes.
For 35 years, Allston Brighton CDC has led initiatives that create affordable homes, foster community leadership, enhance and protect open spaces and offer steps to increased incomes and assets so residents can call Allston Brighton home for the long-term.
Today, Allston Brighton CDC addresses critical changes in our community, focuses and defines its role as a catalyst for community stability, and positions it for the sustained creation of opportunities for families and individuals of all income levels to engage as leaders and improve their lives.
The Homebuying Mentors, ABCDC’s homebuyer education and counseling program is an independent resource for Massachusetts residents to plan responsibly for their future through homeownership education and coaching. The program provides services throughout the Allston Brighton Community and other Eastern Massachusetts locations through partnerships with local community based organizations. Education, both in person and online is at the core of our program. To enhance our education efforts we utilize web and social media tools to increase our reach to more first-time homebuyers and to provide an ease of access to high quality information and resources so first-time homebuyers may make sound decisions with the purchase of their home.
The Program Director position is full-time and oversees all aspects of The Homebuying Mentors program. The Director of Homeownership reports to the Director of Development.
- Oversee implementation of core homeownership program activities:
- Secure sponsorships for Homebuying 101, The Road Home online course wrap up sessions, homeownership resource guide.
- Schedule and facilitate up to 14 Homebuying 101 classes annually, with the goal of introducing programming in Chinese for at least one of those classes
- Oversee the production of the Homeownership Resource Guide annually, meeting fundraising goals.
- Build, grow and maintain strong relationships with lenders and other real estate professionals to support programmatic and fundraising goals.
- Execute THM’s marketing activities utilizing organization website and social media outlets
- Update, edit and maintain THM’s resource offerings both in print and online
- Supervise program support staff and/or AmeriCorps volunteers
- Set and accomplish annual programmatic goals
- Research, cultivate and sustain relationships with funders, in partnership with senior staff
- Write grant proposals to maintain and increase program funding
- Design and maintain systems for program evaluation
- Fulfill reporting requirements including CHAPA/HUD, Division of Banks and preparing annual program demographics and monthly reports to the board of directors
- Represent Allston Brighton CDC in events and partnerships related to asset building.
- Work with other ABCDC staff on broader homeownership initiatives as necessary
- Work with department staff to collaborate across programmatic activities, build cooperation and avoid duplication
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven excellence in program management
- Ability to build and lead a team and to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
- Ability to set, follow-through, and measure progress against goals
- Competency with fundraising, including one-on-one relationship building and grant writing
- Successful experience in working with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; adept with social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Strong team orientation. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people as well as independently
- Multi-lingual, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese
- Experience with adult education techniques
- Understanding of the residential real estate and mortgage industry
- Experience with public relations and marketing
- Experience editing WordPress and utilizing Google Analytics
All Allston Brighton CDC staff share administrative responsibility for the organization, assume new and emerging responsibilities as the organization evolves, and engage in learning opportunities to share new information and knowledge that can help inform the future of the organization.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, three weeks of vacation, 11 public holidays, and two personal days, 401k Plan, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, and professional development.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Michelle Meiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Allston Brighton CDC is an equal opportunity employer.
People of color and residents of Allston Brighton are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.